Successful completion of this program allows direct entry into the second year of one of the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) with Honours
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Communications) with Honours
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics) with Honours
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Power) with Honours
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) with Honours
To successfully complete the program, a student must pass all units with an average grade of 70% or higher*.
Students study eight units at first year undergraduate level (four units each semester over two semesters).
Units replicate the content, delivery and assessment of equivalent degree units at the University of Tasmania, along with specialised English language and academic support.
A satisfactory level of achievement in Mathematics and a Physical Science at secondary school is required for entry into this diploma.
*must equate to a GPA of 6.0 or higher
First semester units:
- English for Academic Purposes
- Mathematics 1A
- Conceptual Design and Communication
- Engineering Statics
Second semester units:
- Mathematics 1B
- Engineering Design 1
- Engineering Circuit Theory
- Engineering Dynamics